So, I was totally, 100% coerced into making these cookies, and definitely did not eat any of them (I ate one). See, I have a live-in man-child who craves sweet stuff like a pregnant woman after he’s eaten certain foods. The dumbarse (I do love him, I promise) couldn’t be bothered to go find himself something from the shops and asked if I could make him something. It’s a damn good thing he likes to buy in bulk, because if he didn’t, those cookies would not have been possible. Having said that, we didn’t have eggs because we ate them all that morning and neither of us went for the weekly shop. You see how this is all his fault?
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa
1/3 cup butter or spread
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp oil
100g chocolate chips – simply because I couldn’t be arsed to do something with half a bag…
I feel I should mention that I know my measurements come in cups, but I assure you, I am British, I just can’t be bothered to take out my scale when I can just shove things into measuring cups.
- Beat the butter, sugar, oil and water until fluffy.
- Mix the dry ingredients through a sieve, then add to butter mixture and beat together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- You should have a fairly hard dough which you can mould if you touch it. Now shove that in the fridge for about 30-45 mins.
- Whilst that’s chilling, make a nice dinner, and pre-heat the oven to about 190°C (375°F).
- Take your dough out and divide into about 20 little balls
- I did 12, which was a mistake because they ended up just a little cakey and less cookie-ey…(?).
- When you’re done, put them in the oven for about 12 minutes, and let them cool for 5. It’s a great little recipe to have. I saw it on Food.com and adapted it slightly because I couldn’t help myself, but there you go:
Eggless Chocolate Cookies, which I flattened to make myself feel better. With hindsight, it could have done without the chips, but I thought it’d taste better for him that way. For him, not me. Well, he ate it, and liked it. Though I did wonder whether I would have got the same response if I had just served him a bag of chocolate chips in a bowl. It’s not a diet recipe reeeeeeally, but I only ate one…or two…